Integrating Odoo with Inventoro is a straightforward process, but you need to do it with caution and step-by-step. Odoo's integration process is a little different from other integrations as it requires you to update a user profile in Odoo, which we will use to log into the API in order to download data. This process is recommended directly by Odoo. Bellow, we go through the process step by step.
What needs to be done - top-level points:
- You'll need an Inventoro account - you can create a new one (free trial) here
- You'll need to log in to your Odoo account and update a user with a unique password
- You'll need to insert login credentials and password to the Inventoro app
Step by step guide:
I. TASK - Create/update a new user:
Log in to your Odoo instance with an administrator account.
Go to Settings ‣ Users & Companies ‣ Users.
Click on the user you want to use for the Inventoro access (not your admin user).
Click on Action and select Change Password.
Set a New Password value then click Change Password.
You will be using this username and password to establish the connection between Odoo and Inventoro so write it down and save it for the next task.
II Task - Connect Odoo to Inventoro
1. Go back to the Inventoro app and click Connect at the top right corner of your screen. Choose Odoo, fill in your Odoo database name and Odoo URL, and copy & paste your generated Username and Password (as described in Task I above) into the Inventoro connector as shown below.
Note, your URL will look like https://mycompany.odoo.com and your Database name will then be mycompany
2. Click Connect and then have a cup of coffee, we do the rest.
That's all that needs to be done. After the connection is set up please allow up to several hours before your data actually appears in the Inventoro app. Basically, we need to import your data and calculate sales forecasts and optimum purchase order proposals. This is a large computation operation and takes some time. Once Inventoro will be ready you'll receive an email.