Import data via csv files (version 1.0)
updated 17 days ago
You can download demo data here.
In order to load data to Inventoro, you can either use one of our connectors if your data reside on the connected platforms or use this general import to include your data into the Inventoro platform. The data should contain your product and sales information for optimum at least last 2 years in order to perfectly compute seasonality or any other trends.
There are 2 data spaces for the Inventoro.
- Sales Data
- Promotion Data
Sales Data contains all your product, warehouse and transaction information. Based on past transactions we can forecast future sales and based on product-warehouse data (current state of amount on stock for example) we can tell you what to order and when.
In order for perfectly analyse sales and predict future we need information about your promotions. Past promotions serve as a benchmark to see if the high sales are due to higher demand or due to promotion, future promotion serves us to higher the expected forecast because of it. In the best scenario both past and planned promotions will help us compute better forecast and orders.
There are several entity types we import in order to compute all necessary data.
- Warehouse - this entity holds information about warehouse or any other place where we store items (point of sales etc)
- Product - basic information about product - name, category
- Supplier - basic information about suppliers
- Category - categorisation of the products (like product lines, brands etc.) - Inventoro currently supports only one level of categories (so no nested or parent-child categories are taken into account)
- Warehouse-product - In warehouse product connecting data are specific data for each product on given warehouse (so for example product A on Warehouse 1 has different inventory on hand or price than on Warehouse 2)
- Transactions - Each transaction is one sales item, so if one order has 2 products sold, it is 2 transactions in Inventoro. Data can be grouped per item per day (so all sold Product A per day from Warehouse 1)
- Currency - Indicating primary and (if applicable) secondary currency of the system to be displayed.
- Sales Transaction (if the amount is <0 than it is Cancellation of the sales)
- Purchase Transaction (if the amount is <0 than it is Cancellation) - we are purchasing the product from our supplier
Optional Delivery Data
Forecast only Sales data
If you need to compute only forecast and do not need to compute orders or help with stock, the minimal amount of information we need to get from you is these entities.
Data Import CSV
Data are sent as CSV files. Entity type (entity type is for example Warehouse or Product) consists of all records of that entity type (so all warehouses are lines in one file warehouse.csv, we do not support multiple csv per type - for example it is not possible to send half of the products in one csv file and half in other csv file).
Foreign key - FK fields(connections between entities - like for example category to product link) must be filled and must match foreign entity, otherwise the row will not be inserted. For example if we find transaction which does not have product attached we ignore it for both forecast and orders suggestions.
Filename for each entity type is a possible to set up in initial setting, but should follow these naming conventions:
You can download demo data here.
This document describes the data structure in following version:
- Version of sales data - 1.0
- Version of promotion data - 1.0